christmas background

February 14, 2013

why there are currently 8 pillows on my bed

So, yesterday I was reading Big Mama's blog and she was detailing her search for a new pillow.  I could relate since I am currently in the same boat. About six weeks ago, I noticed that when I woke up in the morning I had a crick in my neck and/or shoulder.  Now, at first I thought this might be due to the 7 year old boy who usually is wedged up against me when I wake up, or the feline pressed up against my leg preventing me from rolling over.  But, after a couple of weeks I determined that I needed a new pillow. 
I got some gift cards to Target for my birthday and thought "I'm going to use one to get me a new pillow"  Yes, my self and I talk to each other alot.  Anyway, I got me a feather pillow.  Which was great, for about the first hour, but by morning my head had managed to squish all the feathers from beneath it resulting in my head resting, essentially, on the mattress with a halo of feather pillow surrounding my head. 
OK, so I had to get another pillow.  No, I did not return the feather pillow.  I had already slept on it and it just felt wrong to return it after it had been used.  This time I got a foam pillow.  Not the one with the curve in it but a regular pillow shaped one.  Again, this one starts out great but apparently my head weighs more than the average head because by the end of the night it is all squished flat. 
So, now I have 2 new pillows that don't work plus our old pillows because I didn't want to get rid of the old ones until I was sure the new ones would work.  And I can't return the new ones because I already slept on them--which is the only way to know if a pillow works or not. 
Now, you might say "well, why don't you just go and buy a new pillow just like the old one you have?"  And that would be a legitimate question and a wonderful solution, if only I could remember where I bought the old one. 
The pillow that I would really like to get is the one(s) that they have at the Marriot.  On the odd times I get to travel with Mr. G I LOVE the Marriot pillows.  But, Mr. G won't let me slip a couple into my suitcase.  (No, I won't return pillows I've slept on but I will snatch some good ones from a hotel.  I'm a complicated person.)  Now, I have checked online and you can buy the Marriot pillow, but how do I KNOW that it is the same type of pillow?  What if I buy it (at a ridiculous price by the way) and then it isn't the same as the ones in the hotel?  And then I've paid alot of money for a pillow that still doesn't work.  Which is really why I need to take the ones from the room because I have already "road tested" them and know if they are squishy, yet supportive enough.  But Mr. G says I can't do that.  He OBVIOUSLY does not understand the difficulty of finding the perfect pillow.  He's one of those people who can fall asleep pretty much anywhere-----what a weirdo! 
The search continues.....

In the meantime, today was Valentine's day!  :)
I made fruit kabobs with white chocolate drizzle for the lil' boy's Valentine's party


Then I took the remaining strawberries and filled them with cheesecake goo

I took these up to the big boy's school for him to have with his lunch and to share with his friends.

This kid was happy with his Valentine's day goodies---pj's, Angry Bird slippers and fake snow kit  It sounds more extravagent then it is, I found all of these on post-Christmas clearance!



Then I made a heart shaped pizza for dinner...



Happy love day!  Blessings friends,
Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your happy thoughts, funny stories, and positive comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by....