Last week was my birthday and since then my body has apparently decided it is time to fall apart. I spent all day last Tuesday sewing and Tuesday night I woke up at midnight with my right hand and forearm hurting so bad I thought it was going to fall off. My bones have decided to develop pains when used. So Wednesday, after sewing all day again, I rubbed my forearms, wrists and hands down with Icy Hot and took two Advil before going to bed---it's what we arthritic grannies do at bedtime!Mmmm...I smelled sooooo good! Who needs perfume when there's Icy Hot?
Thursday the boys and I went to get our teeth cleaned. It was at this appointment that I found out that two of my fillings, which are over 10 years old, had cracked and needed to be replaced. And a crown, which is over 15 years old, was "getting leaky" (which is dentist speak for letting food get up in there) and also needed to be replaced.
And did I mention the fractured tooth I had to have extracted 3 weeks ago? Well, the dentist wanted to know if I was going to have an implant put in to replace it (the last molar on the bottom right). I spoke to the business manager at the office about it and she gave me the news that after insurance my portion would be $2700. Yes, you read that correctly--two THOUSAND and seven HUNDRED dollars!! For a tooth in the back of my mouth that no one, except my dentist, will EVER see!! I told Mr. G about this and he said "that's crazy!! It's not like it's one of your front teeth. Now THAT we'd have to replace. Because if you ran around looking like a hillbilly that would reflect badly on ME"
Yeah, he is soooooo funny. Then when I told him about the two fillings and the crown I needed work on he said "Man! Let's just get you dentures!" Isn't he hysterical?
Needless to say I will not be getting the implant to replace my missing molar. However, I will be celebrating Dental Health Month by visiting my dentist every week this February.
And, to put the icing on the month of February, I have an appointment to go and spend that "special time" with my OB/GYN. Goodness, I just don't think it can get any better around here!!!
My bloggy friend MarytheKay had this on her blog yesterday and it made me laugh so hard that I cried. If you are a mom, you have to watch it. I started playing the song this morning as I dropped the oldest off at jr high. I hope it makes you laugh.
Blessings friends!!
Tracey
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear your happy thoughts, funny stories, and positive comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by....