I haven't written all week. I have had lots going on but I haven't been writing about it. I have taken pics though so that I could show it all to you. So let's jump right in!!!
On Sunday, I had to get some order re-established in my laundry room. It's not that I spend a lot of time in this room. OK, I am in there frequently but not for extended amounts of time. But the time that I am in there makes me feel crazed if there seems to be stuff everywhere. Organization calms me...
This is what it looked like when I walked in Sunday afternoon. Notice I didn't even remove the piled up, full laundry baskets to take this pic. I'm keepin' it real folks!
Do you see why I was feeling crazy?
Doesn't it look better? The "Laundry" sign was one that I got back in the fall from the consignment sale. I had wanted to spray paint it and just hadn't gotten it done. When the boys and I were out in the garage cleaning a couple of weeks ago, I got it done. The little white hooks (above), I've had for a while too. I need to paint it though. Too white against that white wall. But I went ahead and hung it while I was in there straighteing things up.
Monday was my birthday and Tuesday was our 19th wedding anniversary!!!
The boys got me some flowers and a cupcake. Aren't they sweet?
I have been sewing all week. A friend/former student/fellow blogger is having TWINS!!! And I have been wanting to try my hand at making this scrappy, taggy baby blankets. And what better opportunity than two new babies? So J, I just need to know if I'm sending the boy blankets or the girl blankets!
The taggy sides are flannel strips and the opposite sides are either "minky" or this super fluffy, soft fleece. These are so sweet, and soft, and cuddly! I may need to make an adult size version. :)
Then I also made some more reusable "paper" towels/fabric napkins. One side is terry cloth and the other is cute cotton fabric.
The family and I LOVE these!!! I started making them in the fall and keep a basket full on the counter next to the kitchen sink. I used a LOT of paper towels every week and these are great. I use them to dry my hands, wipe down cabinets, etc and instead of throwing them in the trash I just toss them in the washer. I made a set for my mother in law and my sister in law for Christmas. And I made some sets with Christmas fabric for friends and for the boys to give to their teachers as Christmas gifts. They are fabulous!!! And I really, really like these fabrics I got for these. I was going to use these as gifts BUT, I think I might have to hang on to some of them for myself. :)
I do have the next week's meal plan. I got my grocery shopping done this morning. :) I will post that for ya'll later today.
Blessings friends!
Tracey
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear your happy thoughts, funny stories, and positive comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by....