Sorry...I told you that my friend Rebecca and I were trying to see all the Academy Award nominated films and that we went and saw the Life of Pi but I neglected to give you my review.
Just to recap.....
the movies nominated are: Lincoln, Life of Pi, Amor, Argo, Beasts of the Southern Wind, Django, Les Miserables, Silver Linings Playbook, Zero Dark Thirty
So far we have seen: Lincoln, Life of Pi, and Beasts of the Southern Wind
Life of Pi was good. I liked it. I don't want to tell you anything that would spoil the movie. But a general summary--Pi is a boy growing up in India at his father's zoo. The family decides to sell the zoo and relocate to Canada. While the family and the animals are on a ship there is a big storm and Pi and the tiger end up in a life boat together. The bulk of the movie is about how the tiger and Pi survive together in the middle of the ocean. The one thing that I didn't like about the movie was that the ending was ambiguous and left you with unanswered questions. And I, being me, don't like a movie or a book that leaves me with loose ends.
As of now, ranking what I have already seen...
1. Lincoln
2. Life of Pi
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9. Beasts of the Southern Wind----this movie was so lousy that I have ranked it last, behind movies I haven't even seen yet.
I think we are going to have a problem seeing Amor. We don't get many independent foreign films here in the heart of Texas, so that may be one that we don't get to see. But, I think it will still be better than Beasts of the Southern Wind.
Blessings friends,
Tracey
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear your happy thoughts, funny stories, and positive comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by....