She's a grand, old, flag
She's a high flying flag...
And forever in peace may she wave
She's the emblem of the land I love,
The home of the free and the brave
I found this strip of fabric in a box of fabric thata I got at a garage sale.
And I had an idea! So I ironed it flat...
Then I used my rotary cutter to cut the flags apart vertically
Then I cut my finger with the rotary cutter while trying to juggle the camera. This is a pic of the tourniquet I fashioned out of a scrap of fabric because I didn't want to bleed on the flags but didn't want to stop what I was doing either to go get a band aid.
Then I cut the flags apart horizontally
Then I stitched the flags onto squares of burlap scraps that I had in my stash. I wanted to make these into a banner/bunting. So after each flag was stitched onto its square. I took some tan yarn and laid it between the foot of my machine and laid it on top of the burlap. I then zigzag stitched over the yarn so that it was sewn onto the burlap. As I sewed across each burlap square. I snipped the sewing machine thread then moved the yarn down before adding another burlap piece and repeating the procedure.
This is what I got...
Happy 4th of July friends!
Tracey
So cute!
ReplyDelete