christmas background

May 23, 2011

The best things about summer

My favorite things about summer
  • being in charge of my own schedule and being able to go and do when I want, where I want
  • not having to get the kids up and out (and me up and out) of the house every morning by 7:45
  • no lunches to pack
  • swimming with the boys
  • fresh fruit--in salads, slushies, cool whip, ice cream, etc.
  • tagging along with Mr. G on his business trips==like a free mini vacation!!
  • going to pottery more than once a week, when I want to
  • crafting on all the projects I don't get to doing the year
  • crafting with the boys
  • trying out new recipes
  • roses around my house
  • working on projects I never seem to get finsihed during the year
  • the $1 summer movie series
  • cooking outside
  • snuggling with my boys in the morning
  • getting my chores done first thing so that I have the rest of the day to do whatever
  • reading----magazines and books
  • fireworks
  • fun toe nail polish
  • flip flops
  • summer movies--X Men, Harry Potter, Green Lantern
  • Sonic crushed ice and Sonic Happy Hour (neither of which are strictly summer things but are better during the summer)

1 comment:

  1. Great summer list! Our Sonic sells bagfuls of their crushed ice. Does yours? Summer days are simply better with a Sonic slush, don't ya think? ;o) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your happy thoughts, funny stories, and positive comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by....