I saw a recipe for black beans and rice in Southern Living. Of course theirs looked delicious but had way more ingredients and steps. I wanted to make it simpler, for those nights when Mr G is traveling and I don't want to eat frozen "Cuisine" So, here's my take..
Cook 1 C of long grain rice according to package directions.
2 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 red or green bell pepper, diced
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 small bunch of green onions chopped
1 tsp of olive oil
minced garlic to taste
cumin to taste
salt and pepper to taste
In a skillet, heat oil and add in bell pepper, onion and garlic. After a few minutes, toss in everything else. Warm thru and serve over rice.
Serve with a small side salad and you have a complete meal. You can also add in some corn if you like or top with a little shredded cheese.
Hello!!! We are your newest followers! We hope you will come visit us at www.justmarriedwithcoupons.com, Have a great day =)
ReplyDeleteI am now following you thanks to Friendly Friday and it would be nice if you could share the love back on my blog!
ReplyDeleteAlso today we have the coolest blog hop there is... no rules just fun and would love you to join in with us at Boost My Blog Friday :)
Plus, don't forget, if you need any help increasing your blog's traffic or easy HTML tutorials, you know where to come! Happy Friday!
I love Black Beans and Rice and this recipe looks so easy.
ReplyDeleteI am hopping in from Friday's hops. If you have time I would love for you to stop by.
Giveaway Blogdom
I love black beans and rice. I've never used red peppers in it. Yum!
ReplyDelete