christmas background

September 16, 2010

Bench redo and E update

So this past weekend (yes, I am aware that it is now Thursday) i decided to do a project that I had got the supplies for over a month ago.
I got this bench at a garage sale for $5 or less,I picked it up so long ago I can't even remember what I paid.  So this is what it looked like before I altered it.

LOVE the spider web!  That was the first thing to go! :)

As you can see it was kind of knicked up, especially on the corners.  And the top was pretty scratched.  I thought about sanding it and painting it but couldn't decide on how I wanted to do it. So then I decided to do this instead.

I put a layer of foam on top


 Then I covered it with this super cute fabric.  Using my staple gun to secure it all the way around, underneath

 I think this fabric is darling! Got it at Hobby Lobby on sale for $4 a yard!

And this is my finished product!  So cute.  I put it in my entry way, good place to put your purse when  you come to visit me. :)

And on a seperate note,  I mentioned a few days ago that C and I ran up to the fair to see what ribbons his entries had gotten, and that we hauled home fair food for Mr. G and E.  Well check this out...





I told him he looked like Fred Flintstone.  That turkey leg was almost as big as his head!

Then yesterday....


He stayed home sick with a stomach bug.  He is laying on the floor because he threw up in the bed and I was putting on clean sheets.  Lulu came over to take care of him.  Wasn't that sweet of her?  She reminds me of Nana--the dog from Peter Pan.

Blessings!
Tracey


3 comments:

  1. I like what you did with the bench. I am now following from Friday Blog Hop. Feel free to check out my blog http://plrclark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I am Nicole from ColiesKitchen.com I found you on a blog hop and wanted to drop by and say hi. I really like your blog, and am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, mama! I like that cheerful fabric a lot!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your happy thoughts, funny stories, and positive comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by....