christmas background

July 8, 2010

My agorophobia

I think I have developed a new form of agorophobia.  I don't know if I am spelling that right or not, but I'm talking about the fear of leaving your house.
My form is not a fear as much as a dread of having a commitment during the day.  For example, today Chris has a guitar lesson and then he and I have to go to the eye doctor for annual checks.  I soooooo do  not want to do either.  Not because I'm scared of the eye doctor or that guitar is such a hassle and so far away, I don't want to do either because I don't want to HAVE to do anything.  I want the freedom to decide when, where and what I am going to do.   And lately, I don't want to do anything that involves getting into my car.  And having these appointments really impairs what I can do at home while I am here.  I mean, I can't start a big project, like cleaning out  my flower beds which really really needs to be done, knowing that I have to stop to clean up and take Chris to guitar. 
And it is not laziness either.  It is not as though I am doing nothing at home, which I think is the root of my new phobia.  I have so much that I want and need to get done that these appointments are just getting in my way.    Plus I really need a nap (LOL)
:)

1 comment:

  1. I truly hate leaving the house at times. I think I could easily be a hermit in the right circumstances

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your happy thoughts, funny stories, and positive comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by....