To begin this entry I would like to say that my presence in Walmart today in no way has changed my resolve to limit/end my shopping in their store. The reason we were in Walmart was because Christopher LOVES golf now and he wanted his daddy and popo to go to the driving range with him today. Problem: no golf balls. The closest store was Walmart so Mike was going to just run in and pick up a box of golf balls. So I went in with him and we headed to sporting goods which is right next to toys. He gets the golf balls and we are headed back up to the registers and this lady in the toy aisle asks Mike if he is missing his little girl. Umm, no. Well, there is this little girl walking backforth up the water toy aisle with no adult in sight. The lady that had spoken to Mike had tried to talk to the little girl but the little girl wouldn't talk to her. So I asked the little girl where her mommy was and she told me she didn't know. Is mommy at the store with you? No, my aunt. So I told her that we would go find her aunt. So, I had Leanna (the little girl who was probably 3 or 4) follow me over to the photo lab area (the only place I could find a Walmart employee). I told the Walmart lady that I had found this little girl in the toy area and that she was lost. She looked at me like she had no idea what she should do. Now, maybe she was new but I KNOW that Walmart does the "Code ADAM" when they have lost kids. If nothing else my first idea would have been to call the store manager. Anyway, I left Leanna with her and Mike and I continued to the front of the store. Still no announcement over the PA system. We get to the front and I see the store manager and another manager walking the main aise in front of the registers and talking about "looking for her." So I went up to one of them and asked if they were looking for a little girl. "YES!" So I told them that I found her in toys and left her in the photo lab area. (Umm, still no announcement that a little girl has been found. So I don't know who the photo lady called!) So the managers run back to the photo area and Mike and I went to check out. THAT'S when we heard "the woman looking for Leanna---please go to the photo lab."
So she was found and got returned to the adult.
Mike thinks the aunt just didn't want to keep up with her and sent her to look at toys. Could be but just as likely that she wandered off. Either way---she was found. Yay!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear your happy thoughts, funny stories, and positive comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by....