christmas background

July 22, 2013

Oatmeal Cookies

Today's "fair possibility"  recipe is for oatmeal cookies.    After reviewing several possible recipes this is the one that we (me and lil' E) made today. 

Our review:  They stayed soft and chewy after they cooled.  That is a BIG plus in our family. None of the boys like crisp, crunchy cookies.  They have a nice sweetness and texture.  I would definitely reduce the salt though.  Even though it was only 1/2 a tsp you can definitely taste it, sometimes too much.  It was a super easy dough to make.  It makes about 3 dozen cookies.  I think it would be even better with the addition of coconut or toffee chips.  My kids didn't want any of these in them though....sometimes cooking for kids curbs your creativity!  :)

Blessings friends,
Tracey

I think for tomorrow's recipe we might try some bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your happy thoughts, funny stories, and positive comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by....