While we were unpacking the Christmas decorations, I came across this wreath tha had seen better days.
I couldn't even tell you when I had wired the ornaments and bow to it. But it had certainly seen better days. Even Oreo thinks it needs a facelift.
I started by taking off the old ribbon. I left the ornments on though.
Then I took pieces of that wide, glittery ribbon that you can get at Hobby Lobby for your tree, garlands, etc. I am sure there is a specific name for this stuff but I don't know what it is. Anyway, I cut pieces probably about 10" long then I bent them into a loop and twisted floral wire around the bottom of the loop.
Then I took the loop and wrapped the ends of the floral wire around a branch of the wreath. I worked my way around the wreath, mixig up pink and green and then threw in a poinsettia here and there. I wired the poinsettias on in the same way. This is what I ended up with.
(Please ignore my kids' stockings behind the wreath. I had to take the wreath off the door to take the pic and this was the only place to hang it) I don't know why the poinsetial look like they are varying colors, they are all actually pink, but for some reason are photographing weird. Anyway, after I got everyhing wired on to the wreath, I cut a piece of wire about 12" long. I looped it through the center of the wreath and pulled the ends together at the top. I twisted the ends together, then I folded the ends over to make a loop to hang the wreath. Then I twisted the ends to the center of the wire to make m loop. You can kinda see that up in the pic. And that's it! Easy, peasy lemon squeezy....
Blessings friends!
Tracey



Wow! What a transformation. I love the colors too.
ReplyDeleteI am still working through our Christmas decor. It takes forever.
Hello. Just wanted to stop by and let you know I tagged you for a Liebster Blog Award. You can check out the post at http://hyethymecafe.blogspot.com/2012/11/a-little-blog-love-came-my-way-liebster.html
ReplyDeleteWow, what a difference! The new wreath is beautiful. I'm so glad to be your newest follower, I love your blog:)
ReplyDeleteKatie
www.funhomethings.com