christmas background

November 29, 2012

For the first time EVER

I have something to tell you.
 It is common practice on December 23rd for me to complete a marathon presesnt wrapping session.  Because the truth is, I really dislike wrapping presents.  I mean,  I really, really, dislike it.  Which is kinda weird since I love to craft and make stuff.  So, I usually put it off until the last possible moment.
 If I could stick everything in a gift bag--or even better--just slap a tag with the person's name on it, I would. 
But some people don't really like getting their Christmas gifts in the Walmart or Target sack they left the store in-----whatever....so peer pressure and the opinions of others force me to wrap gifts.

Because I got a jump start on the wrapping when I cleaned up my closet for the garage sale, I felt inspired to spend yesterday afternoon wrapping gifts, adding ribbons, and putting on tags. 

Then today, I spent another hour or two working on wrapping.  And in the end, I have all my gifts (that I've bought so far) wrapped and ready for Christmas. 

It is kind of weird. 

Very nice, but kind of weird. 

I doubt that it will ever happen again.

Unless I make the garage sale an annual fall project.

Then maybe I could do it again. 

But then I have to have a garage sale again and that sounds like an awful lot of work that I would prefer to avoid. 

Maybe it is time to teach the boys' how to wrap gifts.....

Blessings friends,
Tracey

1 comment:

  1. I (for some strange reason) really enjoy wrapping gifts. Too bad you don't like closer - I'd be happy to take up wrapping duty. :)

    I made the mistake or wrapping early one year, then as Christmas approached, I felt let down with nothing left to do. I had already done all the prep work for dinner, so I felt at a loss LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your happy thoughts, funny stories, and positive comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by....