I found these at an estate sale several months ago. I've had them in the garage since then. I knew that I wanted to spray paint them, and I knew that I was going to redo the family room, so I had them waiting until I was ready to start the project.
I started by brushing them off really well to get all the dust and dirt off of them. Then I went over them with white spray paint primer.
You can see these little owls in the pic above too. They were both really dark so I gave them a shot of primer too. I got both of these for a dollar at a garage sale. I'm not sure yet what color they are going to become but since I was painting anyway I decided to go ahead and prep them too.
Once the primer dried I gave the lions a coat of "sea breeze" I am planning on using turquoise as the accent color in the family room.
After the first coat dried, I gave them a second coat making sure to get in the nooks and crannies as much as possible. I think they look great!
I'll post another pic when they are finally in place when the room is finished.
Blessings friends,
Tracey!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear your happy thoughts, funny stories, and positive comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by....