On another subject, the big kid has first academic meet this Saturday. His school is hosting this month so his teacher/coach had sent an e-mail out to the parents asking for volunteers. She also asked people to donate breakfast foods for the hospitality room that they set up for the coaches. I had e-mailed back and offered to bring some muffins and a breakfast casserole. This morphed into me being in charge of the hospitality room and making sure all the food and drinks are organized and out for the breakfast and lunch. So, today I am sharing the recipe for the muffins I am baking.
Rise and Shine muffins
1 1/4C sugar
2 1/4 C flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp all spice
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 C grated carrots
1 C dried cranberries or raisins
1/2 C crushed pineapple
1/2 C coconut (opt)
1 large apple, peeled and diced (opt)
3 lg eggs
1/2 C oil
2 tsp vanilla
Mix everything together. Pour into muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 30 min. Made about 1 1/2 doz.

I made two batches. Both had carrots, craisins and pineapple. One had apple and one had coconut. I preferred the coconut ones. Feel free to mix and match the add ins to suit your taste. I think they might be good with a little bit of grated zuchinni too. And I bumped up the spices too.
Blessings friends!
Tracey
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear your happy thoughts, funny stories, and positive comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by....