christmas background

August 26, 2012

What's cookin', good lookin'?

Lemon waffles

1 box lemon cake mix
1 C of plain yogurt
1 C of water

Mix together, ladle into greased waffle iron.  Serve topped with sliced strawberries and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.

 
Homemade veggie pizza
 
Pizza crust
1 1/2 C whole wheat pasta
1 1/2 C all purpose flour
1 envelope of yeast
1 1/2 C of warm water
1/2 TBS of salt
1/2 TBS of garlic powder
 
Place yeast in a large bowl and mix with warm water.  Add in remaining ingredients and mix until there are no dry spots.  Loosely cover and set in a warm spot on the counter for two hours.  Sprinkle lightly with flour to roll out.  Roll out on to size needed.  I cut my dough in half.  One half I rolled out for a large pizza for the hubs and I.  The other half I cut in half again (fourths) and gave a piece to each of the boys so that they could make their own pizzas.
 
I topped the veggie pizza with:  home made sauce I had made previously, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, sliced olives, chopped basil, diced grape tomatoes and chopped spinach. And of course, mozzerella.  I baked it at 400 till the cheese was brown and bubbly and the crust looked crispy. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mr. G said the center of the crust was soggy so, next time, I will divide all the dough into fourths and make smaller pizzas so that the crust can crisp all the way thru.  But, it was tasty!!!
 
Blessings,
Tracey

1 comment:

  1. You have confirmed the fact that I have no waffle iron but I'm going to now get one. Those look yummy. The pizza does too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your happy thoughts, funny stories, and positive comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by....