christmas background

May 22, 2012

the last of teacher appreciation

I know, it seems like teacher appreciaption has gone on forever.  This one is actually more of an end of the year, thanks for being my teacher gift.

I was making an end of the year gift for lil' E's teacher and I asked C if he wanted me to come up with something for his home room/language arts teacher.  It was at this point that the boy told me that he wanted to give ALL his teachers something.  Did I mention he has 8 teachers?!!  Now don't get me wrong, I think they all are good.  He has had a great year and I appreciate how they have helped him to progess and succeed.  But 8 gifts!!!???  That could get pricey!!

So, I got to thinking.  And my thinking led me to this....


I found the metal water bottles at the dollar tree  (score!!!).  Everyone totes a water bottle these days.  Then I got 15 packs each of 3 different flavors of kool aid lemonade (that's 45 packs of kool aid for those of you doing the math).  The kool aid was 5 packs for a $1 PLUS I had 3 coupons for "buy 10 packs get 5 packs free) so I got 45 packs for $3.  I had the curling ribbon at home and I punched the little tags out on my Sizzix. Each bottle got 1 pack of each flavor of kool aid attached to it, along with a little tag that said "have a KOOL summer" and that it was from the Garcia kid.  I made 10 of these (8 for the big boy's teachers and 2 for the office ladies at the little boy's schlool).  It took me 2 1/2 hours to do all these bottles and to make the 6 gift bags I needed for the birthday party.  That included:  hole punching all the kool aid packs, cutting all the curling ribbon, punching the tags out, writing the message on each tag and then stringing it all togther.  Total cost per bottle was $1.39. How great is that for a teacher present?!?!!? 
And the were a HUGE hit!!! The recipients loved them, and the 3 ladies that work in the office at C's school said they were going to steal the idea for their kids' teachers. 
I love a super easy, super cute project that gets great feedback!
And I promise that is the last teacher gift until this time next year.  :)

Blessings friends,
Tracey

2 comments:

  1. You are so creative! I'm stealing this idea too. ☺ Happy Wednesday!

    PS...How is the HelloMornings challenge going for you?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your happy thoughts, funny stories, and positive comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by....