christmas background

September 30, 2011

What do you think?

Is it weird that I feel compelled to clean my house before I have any sort of service technician in my home?  Example:  The exterminator was coming today to rid us of our scorpion problem but I felt that i needed to clean house before he came.  Mr. G. says this is crazy because (a) the exterminator doesn't care what our house looks like and (b) he probably sees houses waaaay messier than ours.  What do you think? 

I had a conference with lil' E's teacher yesterday.  I am not embarrassed to admit that I shed a few tears in relief after our talk.  I found out that E is no more likely to live a life of illiteracy then 19 other kids in his class.  I cannot put into words how this eased my mind.  We have had such struggles doing homework and working on reading and sight words that I just KNEW he had to be behind everyone in his class.  I know that this sounds weird since I am a teacher, but to him I am just mom and my training and education makes absolutely no difference when I am working with him. 

It causes me great pain to share this info with you but I feel that I must share this info with you.  I am on Day 4 of  no sugar and I do feel less exhausted and sluggish at the end of the day.  Now, this pains me because I LOVE sugar.  I was really kind of hoping that this would make absolutely no differnce in how I felt and therefore I could go back on sugar.  This is NOT to say that I will never again have a doughnut---I'm not dead for goodness sakes!!!!-----but based on my 4 day experience I will continue to limit my sugar intake.  Which honestly makes me said because I sure do enjoy cake, and pie, and cookies, and candy, and doughnuts, and--well, you get the idea.  And fall, is PERFECT baking weather.  But, not feeling like I need to sleep for 3 hours every afternoon is worth the trade off. 

Hoping to get the fall decor up tomorrow.  Will post pics once we are done. 

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your happy thoughts, funny stories, and positive comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by....