The green Halloween fabric was about 2/3 of a yard and the purple was just under a yard. I cut the two into strips about 12 inches long
Then I started typing the strips onto the wreath. There is nothing technical or fancy about this, just tie it in a knot. I did two strips of purple then two strips of green.
This is how far I got around the wreath using the fabric I had. Since I had a bit more purple then green, I could have cut more strips and filled in with purple to stretch the fabric around to cover the entire wreath. But, I actually didn't want to cover the whole wreath because I wanted to add something besides fabric to it.
So, I hot glued the black and orange flowers on, check out the bling in the middle of those, and then I cut a long strip of the purple to use as a ribbon to hang the wreath. Then, because I felt like it still needed something else, I added on the bunting that said boo! (leftover from last week's craft time), and then it was time to put it on the door.
And, I purposefully, left those twigs sticking out on the side, because I liked the look that they had and felt like they added to the Halloween-ieness of the wreath.
Next up, I have some black fabric that has eyeballs all over it. Lil' E has decided that he needs a wreath for his bedroom door and nothing says Halloween for little boys like eyeballs.
So lovely and creative :)) loving your blog and officially following with smiles per blog hop..I'm Marilyn via http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com and I'd love for you to stop in sometime..off to indulge in your posts..:))
ReplyDeleteSo festive! I'm hosting a Fabulous Fall party over at Not So Simple Housewife and I'd love for you to link this up! We are celebrating Fall and giving me and everybody else some great inspiration. We are looking for crafts, decor, food, and more! I'd love for you to add this and any other fall posts you may have!
ReplyDeleteKaitlin-The Not So SImple Housewife
http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com/2011/10/fabulous-fall-link-party.html