OK, the pad thai recipe that I use was reviewed as "just OK" by the family so I deemed it unworthy of the blog. However, I didn't want to leave you without a recipe today so I'm drawing on an old standby. Many of you have eaten this at some gathering I've brought it to or made it for. So here goes . . .
1 8oz pkg of cream cheese
1 16 pkg container of sour cream
1 pkg of frozen chopped spinach (HEB had a "minced spinach" that I REALLY like--tiny cuts and no stems)
1 envelope of either Knorrs or Lipton veggie dip mix
Grated parmesan cheese
Leave cream cheese out to soften. Put spinach in a colander to thaw and drain. (I run hot water over mine) You will need to squeeze the water out of the spinach before you add it to the dip. ** Note: once the water is squeezed out, you need about a cup of spinach for the dip, so depending on the size of the package you bought, you may not need to thaw the whole thing. Spray a baking dish with Pam. In a large bowl, smush out the cream cheese. Add the veggie dip mix and stir together well. Then mix in the sour cream. Once it is well combined, mix in the spinach. Scoop dip into baking dish. Sprinkle top with parmesan. Cover with lid for dish or foil and bake til warmed through. (I bake mine at 350 for about 30 minutes) Serve with pita chips, mini-toast, veggies, whatever.
Love this one! I remember it from our HSU days. Great memories!
ReplyDelete