Today is Mr. G's bday. He is 40 today!!! He's not a surprise party kind of guy so we are having surprise cake instead. He loves pineapple upside down cake. But I had to put a twist on it to make it a birthday cake. If we like it I will post the recipe.
I've finished 2 books this week: The Help and Heaven is Real. They were both very good and I recommend them to you. I would tell you more about them but if I did you wouldn't need/want to read them.
We took the kids on a mini-vacay this past weekend. We had supper Thurs evening with my parents, sister and her family. Friday was my dad's birthday (I won't tell you how old he is---he wouldn't like that!) Supper was great! You should have seen my little one's pile of rib bones at the end!
Friday we went to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing for a tour and saw how money is made. Very cool, very interesting, engraving is intense!
Friday evening we took the boys to their first baseball game. We went to see the Ft. Worth Cats , which is the Dodger's farm team. When I was a kid we used to go to similar baseball games all the time. Since our town doesn't have a semi-pro team my kids have never had a chance. They LOVED it. And it was much, much cheaper then going to see the Rangers. My sister in law, brother in law and niece and nephew were with us. Here's some pics




The next day we spent the ENTIRE day at a water park. Yes, we are little crazy. But the kids had so much fun! And we only had one injury

A certain little boy I love wiped out and skinned his knee. And despite hanging out in water all day, he felt that he MUST have a band aid.
They had a lot of fun. They are still exhausted!
Tomorrow, my father in law is having surgery to get a pacemaker. Prayers would be appreciated for successful proceedure.
Little Callie is home from Houston for a bit. She starts her radiation on Aug 11th. Prayers are appreciated for her too, specifically that she is able to swallow during her next test and that all goes well with the radiation. And please pray for her parents, after being at MD Anderson it has really hit home that their little one has cancer. They are exhausted and stretched to their limits. And their son is struggling with his family being away so much and for so long. Thank you friends!!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear your happy thoughts, funny stories, and positive comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by....