Evan has a conundrum. He really wants to go do paint your own pottery but he also really wants to go to the air castle place and jump. I'm thinking I may cut him some slack on this since chris will have a pottery lesson next week anyway, and let E do a paint your own piece while we are waiting on C. Then we can do the jump place.
My choice is to go and see Rango. Actually I would rather go and see The Adjustment Bureau but i don't think the kids would enjoy it. :)
OK, went to the dr today for my test results. My bad cholesterol hast gone up 24 points since my last check up so I have to lose at least 10 pounds (that is the number my very kind doctor recommended but I know the reality is much more) and get it back down in the next 6 months or I have to go on cholesterol meds. So, I am going to try this running program that my bloggy friend Marythe Kay is doing. I'm thinking that I may not blog much about this until I see how it is goign to go for me. I am not, and have never been a runner so I am beginning with trepidation. (yeah, I using that college vocab today!)
Also, my vitamin D is once again critically low. Your vitatmin D blood level should be up around 70 and I am at 35. So this time I take 6 months of prescription D. See, I have a medical reason for needing a nap!
So, before I started this entry, I finished cleaning the entire house, except the boys' rooms. I was about to do that and then I decided that if I did, I would be doing them a disservice. Eventually, these people need to learn to take care of themselves, and my making their beds and cleaning their rooms does not teach them self-responsibility. So, instead, I am blogging and they will be cleaning when they get home from school.
Speaking of cleaning---I have put some thought into this morning and I estimate that I spend 40% of my awake/not at work time cleaning in some form or fashion. Ranging from dishes, to laundry to scrubbing toilets. I think the people I live with need to step it up!
It is sad but my greatest accomplishment this weekend is finally beating the mah jong level that has been kicking my butt for the last 3 weeks. Yes, it is true---I have a problem.
And then, because I felt I needed 101 and things to do today instead of just 100, I made this for the front door. Is it still a wreath if it is a rectangle?
Supplies: acrylic paint, rags, a papier mache "G" and a frame that the glass broke on at least a year ago
I used a rag to wipe on an acrylic metallic turquoise.
So, I squirted some brown on my rag and rubbed it on over the turquoise and got exactly what I was looking for---I also painted the "G" the turqoise to bring it together
Hot glued on the butterflies, flowers, G and ribbon and hung it up!
Final Cost: $3. I had the frame, paint and ribbon. Bought the G, flowers and butterflies for a $1 each at Dollar Tree.
So--is it a wreath if it isn't round?
Blessings!
I am jealous that you live someplace where you can even go for a picnic outdoors!!! I took my boys to see Rango on Sunday and although the 10 year old liked it, I thought it was a total thumbs down!!! It dragged on and the funny parts were few and far between which didn't keep the four year old engaged. Take the zoo and lunch outdoors!
ReplyDeleteWhich running program is it? Is it Couch to 5K? I know you can do it. A lot of people start running and think it's unacceptable to walk, but that's not true. It's about 100 cal per mile whether you walk it or run it. You just finish the workout faster if you run. Moral of the story: If you don't feel like running, walk.
ReplyDeleteWhat an adorable wreath ~ I love it!
ReplyDeleteHave a Happy Labor Day!