christmas background

November 3, 2010

Sometimes I just want a mute button

I love my boys.

They are awesome.  And I am very blessed to have a great relationship with them.  We talk alot, about everything, everyday.  This is great.  Hopefully, one day when they are teenagers they will still want to talk to me and Mr. G.  Having said that, there are days, hours, moments, when I would really love to have a mute button. Just to have some time to hear my own thoughts, rather than someone else's for a little bit.
Let me give  you an example:
Mom, you know what happened at school today?  Emmanuel had to move his clip.  At recess, Mark and I played chase with Reece and Morgan.  I didn't eat all my soup at lunch.  I spilled some in my lunchbox.  Do you think I could get a pet bird? Bri and Fabian have a bird.  I want a bird.  It could live outside.  No, wait, never mind.  I forgot that I want a rabbit.  When can I get a rabbit?  Should I get a boy or a girl rabbit?  What should I name my rabbit?
Mom, what's for dinner?  Where are we going now?  Are we going home?  When are we going home? What are we going to have for dinner?  You know that mega armor Bakugan I want?  Did you remember to put it on my Christmas list?  It is so cool because you can take it apart and attach it to other Bakugan's.  And I want that new Pokemon game.  What do you think I should be for Halloween next year?  You know what I want to do this summer?  I want to come down here and see a movie and go to the museum.  Well maybe not the museum, we'll have to see what they are showing. 
At about this point in the conversation the voices start sounding a little like the grown ups in a Charlie Brown cartoon and I am starting to wonder if it is possible to be talked to death.  Or maybe just go insane because of the voices.  When I get really tired i ask them to please be quiet for a little bit so that I can think.  This lasts for about 2 minutes, then the voices begin again.  I really need that mute button...

14 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm a new follower from Follow Me Chickadee. Congrats on being in the spotlight :)

    http://3psmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracey - Just stopping by from Follow Me, Chickadee Friday! Your boys are precious and you are *so* right - everything is better when there are doughnuts involved!

    Happy Friday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracey! I can understand the mute button :) Life is short though~so value every second!

    I am a new follower from Follow me Chickadee~ I look forward to reading more of your posts~

    Stop by and say hello
    Jamie
    http://www.applesauceinn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracey! Your boys are very handsome! I'm your newest follower from Friday's blog hop. I can't wait to read more.

    Jill
    http://meetthedubiens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a new follower from Friday Blog hop, very cute blog. Thank you for having me
    http://thisnthatboutiqueblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely understand. I have 10 year old boy and 7 year old girl and sometimes they talk nonstop. However, I think I've developed a built-in mute button as I tend to tune out most of the noise. I'm a new follower.

    Blogging Hints
    Busy Mom's Tips
    Work at Home Helper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I enjoyed reading your blog. I know what you mean about the mute button! I can totally relate!! I have 3 kids and they are constantly talking! I am following you from the blog hop! Stop by when you get the chance:
    www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I am a new follower from Follow-Me Chickadee Blog Hop.

    I totally understand needing that mute button! I have 2 little girls and I couldn't WAIT for them to talk. Now I find myself thinking.. "Do you ever STOP talking?" lol!

    Hope you can stop by!
    -Tammy
    http://dontblink-tammy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I'm visiting (& following) from Follow Me Chickadee. Congrats on being spotlighted!

    Have a great Friday!

    Linda @ Linda's Lunacy
    http://www.lindaslunacy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute Blog! I am a new follower from Follow Me Chickadee. Have a Great Friday.

    Amanda
    http://tenlittlefingerstentinytoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too funny, I so want a mute button in our house too!
    Newest follower from Mommy Madness blog hop

    http://1funkywoman.blogspot.com

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  12. You hit the nail on the head! I love my kids dearly, but a mute button now and then (particularly in the morning) would be just the thing.

    Thanks for linking up with the TALU!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I FEEL THIS PAIN my friend. If you figure it out let me know. I try to get up before everyone else does because that is the only time of the whole day I have to myself and it is quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can totally relate! I guess we could just get earplugs... I wonder what they would say if you just got up one morning and wore earplugs all day, lol. The quiet would be FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your happy thoughts, funny stories, and positive comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by....