OK, I fully recognize that after many of you read the following recipes you are goign to think that I am totally nuts. But, all that I can do is share my experience with you.
So, I have a friend on Facebook who has been working for about a year to lose weight and get his blood sugar under control. In passing in one of his updates he mentioned "the Green Smoothie Diet." So, I being me, got online and started researching and then I got a book. Now, the woman who wrote the book also eats a "raw food" diet. Meaning all raw foods. I am not moving toward that, but I was very interested in her story of how drinking green smoothies helped her and her family members to restore their health and "cure" chronic health problems they were having. If you are a regular reader of the blog you know that I recently found out that my vitamin D is scary low and I am starting prescription strength D to correct the problem. However, it could potentially take months to get my D levels up to what is considered normal and healthy. need some help now. I have been so exhausted, for months, that I nap every day. I struggle to accomplish everyday chores around the house. Many days the 10 minute drive home from school is a constant fight to keep my eyes open because I feel bone weary. Additionally, I have constant bone and muscle aches. So, on to the green smoothies.
I drank my first one on Thursday afternoon and my second Friday morning. Friday I felt better than I had in months and it was the first time in a very long time that I didn't have to take a nap. Since then, I have not had to nap once. I am a little tired but not exhausted the way I have been. So on to the recipes...
1/2 head of romaine lettuce
2 ripe bananas, peeled, sliced and frozen
2 oranges, peeled and seeded, cut into chunks
1 mango, sliced
2 cups water
Put all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and drink immediately
1 C frozen mango chunks
1 C water
1/2 C fresh or frozen strawberries
1/2 bunch fresh mint leaves
1/2 C apple juice
Blend til smooth and drink
1 C spinach
1/2 cup pineapple chunks
1 banana
a few mint leaves
1/2 C orange juice
blend til smooth and drink
OK, those are just a few of the recipes. You can get more info online and the book that I bought is Green Smoothie Revolution by Victoria Boutenko
I KNOW it sounds crazy and like it would taste nasty. I promise it doesn't taste bad at all and you can always add more fruit to make it even sweeter if you need to and you can change the fruit to your taste. All I can tell you is that I feel better since I started on Thursday.
xoxoxo
Tracey
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear your happy thoughts, funny stories, and positive comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by....