So to celebrate the first day of school tomorrow, I baked 3 1/2 dozen muffins tonight: Good Morning (cinnamon, nutmeg, raisin, pineapple, carrot, cranberry), sour cream orange cranberry, and blueberry lemon. I will be toting these, minus whatever the family eats in the morning for breakfast, off to work. Recipes below.
All start with a mix.
Good Morning:
Duncan Hines decadent carrot cake mix
dried fruits of your choosing---i used a combo of pineapple, cranberry, and cherry
Mix the cake mix according to directions on the box. Add in all the extra fruit and bake in muffin pans.
Makes 2dz
Sour cream orange cranberry:
1 C sour cream
1 C dried cranberries
1 medium to large sized orange
2 pckgs of Martha White orange cranberry muffin mix
3 eggs
2/3 C milk
In a large mixing bowl combine, muffin mix, cranberries, eggs milk and sour cream. Add in zest from the orange and the juice from the orange. Mix together, pour into muffin pans and bake.
Makes 1 dz
Lemon Blueberry
Blueberry muffin mix of your choosing (I use Duncan Hines)
1 lemon
1/2 pint of blueberries
Follow directions on muffin mix adding in the zest and juice from the lemon. Fold in fresh blueberries along with the ones that come in the box. Pour into muffin pans and bake. Makes 1 dz
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear your happy thoughts, funny stories, and positive comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by....