christmas background

August 30, 2009

The Famous Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

This is my recipe for chocolate chip cookies.  These are, in my opinion, the best chocolate chip cookies.  This was passed on to me over 10 years ago by a friend.

1 C softened butter (be sure to use real butter)
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 C blended oatmeal (measure the oatmeal then run it through your blender or food processor)
1 4 oz Hershey bar, grated (I toss it in the food processor with the oatmeal)
1 12 oz pkg of chocolate chips (I like the minis but you can use whatever kind of chips you prefer)

Cream the butter and sugars together.  Add the eggs and vanilla and mix together.

  Combine all dry ingredients together then add to butter mixture. 

Add Hershey bar and chocolate chips and mix well.


 Place on cookie sheet covered with parchment paper, 2" apart and bake for 10 minutes at 375.  Makes appx. 5 dz. 





NOTE:  This recipe can easily be doubled BUT the dough will be VERY thick and stiff. (see the pic above) If you do not have a really good stand mixer (like a Kitchenaid) then don't try it.  I burned out 2 hand mixers over the years trying to make this dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your happy thoughts, funny stories, and positive comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by....