I haven't posted any recipes in a while, but I have been collecting them. Here are a few I wanted to share.
Lemon Vinegar
35 oz white vinegar
2 lemons
4 bay leaves
Pour vinegar into a stainless steel pan. Wash lemons and peel rind from them. Add peeel to pan with bay leaves and boil for five minutes. Cover and allow to go cold. Bottle with peel and leaves. Leave for 4 weeks. Vinegar can then be strained and bottled or used as is.
I haven't used this yet, 'cause it has to sit for 4 weeks. But I think it is going to be great for salad dressing and marinades!
Fruit crumb bars
1 c white sugar
1 tsp baking powder
3 c all purpose flour
1 c cold unsalted butter
1 egg
1/4 tsp salt
zest and juice from one lemon
4 c of fresh blueberries, or other berry or fruit of your choice
1/2 c sugar
4 tsp cornstarch
preheat oven to 375 and grease a 9 x 13 pan. In a medium bowl, combine 1 c sugar, 3 c flour and baking powder. Mix in salt, and lemon zest. Use a fork or pastry blender to blend in butter and egg. dough should be crumbly. Pat 1/2 dough into pan. In another bowl, stir together sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Gently mix in berries. Spread berries over crust. Crumble remaining dough over berries. Bake 45 min or until golden brown. Yum, yum, yum
Peanut Butter Popcorn
2 bags of microwave popcorn
1/2 c of margarine
3/4 c brown sugar
1/2 c peanut butter
20 large marshmallows
pop corn and pour into a large bowl. In another bowl combine margarine, sugar, and marshmallows. Cook at 1 minute intervals in microwave, stirring after each minute, until melted and smooth. Stir in peanut butter and blend wel. Pour over corn and coat well. Spread on wax paper to dry.
More recipes to come! Be on the lookout.....
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear your happy thoughts, funny stories, and positive comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by....