christmas background

March 29, 2010

I've got some thoughts . . .

Thought number 1: I checked out "My Sister's House" 1/2 price consignment sale on Saturday. I got a couple of purses, a few bracelets, a pair of jeans and a fleece vest===all for $17. LOVE IT!!!!!!! They are having the next sale in October and I plan on get my act together this time and putting some stuff in the sale. It was PACKED!!! And I've got to go earlier next time to see what I missed out on. :)
Thought number 2: I am so excited by my pottery class right now. There are so many new things/projects that I want to work on that I kind of wish I didn't have to wait a week to go back in! I learned to make a sphere this weekend. It was so cool! I am going to make a series of them to put in the office on the top shelf. When it is all done I will post pics.
Thought 3: We had SUCH a good weekend! The weather was great, we mowed, went to soccer, had pottery class, and went to Palm Sunday service. I didn't get a lick of cleaning done in the house but I am finding peace with that---LOL! Church was really awesome to me this week. The Gospel reading was the entire section (from Luke I think) from the beginning of the Lord's Supper to the point Jesus is placed in the tomb. The lector read the "narration" parts, the deacon read the parts of the apostles, Father Fred read words for Jesus and the congregation read the parts of the crowd. For me, I don't know why, but it was like hearing the story for the very first time. And I was very moved by it. Chris was too. And because of this we are planning to attend mass on Good Friday and Saturday night. which leads me to
Thought 4: I am so happy and amazed by how the kids, particularly Christopher, have become more interested and attentive at church. In fact, last weekend Mike didn't want to go to church but Chris did, so he and I went on our own. I am very thankful for his interest and growth in this area.
Thought 5: I have a new recipe that I can't wait to try. It is for Pink Lemondae Cake. I am planning to make it this weekend for Easter. If it is good I will post the recipe here for you.
Thought 6: I have spring fever baaaad!!! It is so hard for me to be attentive and do "must do's" at this time of year. I want to hang out at home, try out new recipes, be outside, etc. etc.
Thought 7: A recipe for you
1 whole grain sandwich roll (your choice)
sliced roasted deli turkey
spring mixed greens
guacamole
roasted red peppers

Spread guacamole on bread as you would mayo or mustard (limit to about 2 TBSP---don't get crazy!) Layer turkey, greens, and peppers. Serve with blue tortilla chips and salsa. SUPER yummy and Healthy!

Love to all!
T

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your happy thoughts, funny stories, and positive comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by....