1 small head of cabbage shredded and chopped
5 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 package of fresh haricot verts (those are the skinny green beans) cut into 1/3's
1 pound of beef stew meat
1 large can of diced tomatoes
2 large boxes of beef broth OR beef boullion cubes = to the amount of water you use
salt, pepper, garlic to taste
Chop all veggies. Season meat with garlic, salt and pepper. Place veggies and meat in a large soup pot. Fill with enough broth or water to cover veggies plus be about 1" above them. Bring to boil then reduce heat to simmer. Simmer until veggies are tender.
***NOTE: you can either add potatoes or small pasta to this. Today I add a box of very small, star shaped pasta but other days I add potatoes. Your choice. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear your happy thoughts, funny stories, and positive comments! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by....